Tuesday - May 29, 2012 @ 8:00AM
Location: Springer Lake, NM
Planned Miles: ?
84 miles off road
257 total miles
- cool temps in morning. Great roads into Taos.
- dan's left pannier fell off. Lane stopped and moved it to the side of road. Luckily it still worked.
- I got a walkin appt at the eye doc. Small case of conjuctivities from the dry air and wind. I was back at Walmart before guys finished sliming tires. :)
- walmart is Taos is no good. Poor management.
- I took the lead and managed to get us lost on forest service roads and private property. 40 miles of great double track
- I punctured rear tire. I little slime fixed it up in about 10 mins.
- realized lane's KLR handled like a tank with 300lbs of crap over rear axle. We move shared the load across the other 3 bikes and stiffened the rear shock. Big improvement.
- Joe was the first to take a soil sample. It was low speed and harmless. I asked if I could take a picture. He agreed. :)
- Stopped at dusk in heron lake state park new Mexico. Awesome campsite with a view of the lake. Everyone got in a shower. We needed it!
- dinner was I the form of freeze dried pouches and were actually darn good
PS: I really miss my girls, Avery and Kate. I hope that can enjoy this type of experience down the road.
Comments will be approved before showing up.